Request an authorization
In some medical facilities and in order to use certain services, you will need an authorization from Cigna.
WHAT SERVICES DO I NEED AN AUTHORIZATION FOR?
There is a range of services for which authorization is always required. This is the case for rehabilitation and physiotherapy services, hospital admissions, surgical procedures, genetic testing, and investigations involving hospitalization or use of an operating theatre, speech therapy/phoniatry and new or unconventional diagnostic investigations.
Whatever the case, we recommend that you contact us on 91 418 40 40 / 93 301 06 56 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not sure whether or not you need to request authorization. We would also be happy to help you find the most suitable medical facility for the treatment, investigation or procedure you need.
HOW DO I REQUEST AN AUTHORIZATION?
You can request your authorization in four different ways:
- From your private member area onclientes.cigna.es
- By calling 91 418 40 40 / 93 301 06 56
- By submitting the request by email email@example.com. It is important for you to attach the medical prescription.
- By sending the request by fax to 902 090 261. Remember to include the medical prescription.
- By leaving a message using our inquiry form.
Since we at Cigna process authorizations within 48 hours, contact us at least two days before you need to make use of the service.