Emergency care when travelling in another country
For short-term travel outside Spain
It doesn't matter where you are. In the event of an emergency, Cigna always ensures that you have access to healthcare wherever you are travelling thanks to one of the highest levels of cover on the market, which includes:
- Emergency medical expenses according to the limits established in the policy taken out.
- Emergency dental expenses up to a maximum of €300 per claim and per member.
- Medical transport or repatriation of mortal remains and return costs of accompanying persons.
- Return costs when, owing to an accident or illness, you have been hospitalized and you have lost your return ticket to Spain, up to a maximum of €900.
- Delivery of medicines in the event of an emergency.
HOW TO MAKE USE OF THIS COVER?
In another country...
- The first thing you will need to do in the event of an emergency in another country is call +34 91 572 44 06.
- We will tell you how to proceed and which facility to go to, depending on where you are.
- You will have to pay all of the expenses and request the original invoices so that you can submit a reimbursement claim later. This step will be necessary only in those cases in which we have not been able to make the payment directly ourselves beforehand.
- We will also need the medical report or prescription. Do not forget to ask for it.
When you return...
- Send the original invoices (photocopies are not valid) to SOS Seguros y Reasegurados . Avda del Loira 4-6, 28042 Madrid.
- In addition, you will have to include proof of the fact that you were outside Spain on the date you received the medical treatments (hotel bill, plane, train, bus ticket, etc.)